Resurrection Life is a Bible-believing church that . . .
- The Bible is the inspired, infallible and authoritative Word of God, without error in the original languages.
- The one true God manifests Himself in three persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His taking the punishment for our sins on the cross, His bodily resurrection, His complete conquest over the powers of Satan, His ascension to the right hand of the Father and His imminent return in like manner as He went away.
- The Church consists of all who truly believe in Jesus Christ and in His atoning death and trust in Him as their personal Lord and Savior.
- Embraces the sacraments of baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- We believe that Christ’s death on the cross brings forgiveness of sins for those who receive it by faith.
- We believe that healing is provided for our spirit, soul and body because of what Christ has done for us.
- We believe that Christians have the Holy Spirit living inside of them enabling them to live Godly lives.
- We believe that all the gifts of the Holy Spirit in 1 Corinthians 12 are available and for use in the body of Christ.
- We believe in Water Baptism by immersion in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We do all this in the name of Jesus Christ. We also take part in receiving of Holy Communion.
- We believe in the resurrection of every human being; those who truly believe in Jesus Christ as their personal Savior enter eternal life with God. While those who have not accepted Jesus enter into eternal punishment.
- We believe in the traditional Biblical viewpoint that marriage is a union between a man and a woman only, and that sexual union should only take place within the context of the marriage relationship.
Real God, Real People
When talking about what we believe, you’ll often hear us say “Real God, Real People.” But, what’s that all about?
We believe in a very real God, real in the sense that He wants to be involved in our everyday life. In fact, He wants to be more than involved, He wants to be the center around which our lives revolve so that He can lead us into the purpose-filled lives that He created us to live. As a church family, we think it’s essential to be real in the way that we relate to each other. If we wear a mask, we can never form authentic relationships with people. Masks can’t relate.
We all face challenges . . . pretty much every day. But we don’t have to fight the same old problems, and fail in the same old ways. Because of Jesus, we can have hope, faith and the power to change. The Bible says “To as many as believed him, to them he gave the power to become the children of God.” When we are real about the path that we are on we can learn together, pray for each other, help each other apply the truths of the Bible in our lives, hold each other accountable and encourage each other.
The Bible says that He is changing us from glory to glory . . . molding us little by little into His image. We believe that if we give our lives to Him . . . put Him in the center . . . are willing to be real before Him (and each other) . . . and ready to try things His way that He can . . . That He wants to lead us into the great life that He planned for us.